Thursday, March 11, 2010

Proud of my Feature Child

Last week my son was the Feature Child at his preschool. Which would usually mean he (and I) create a poster about him, and he takes it to school on Tuesday to present it to the class. Then it is displayed for the rest of the week. Well, last Tuesday was the day Logan woke up with a nasty little stomach bug that kept him home from school. Poor kiddo! I told him that he wouldn't be able to go to school, and maybe we could do his Feature Child presentation at school on Thursday instead. His response, in a sad little voice, was "OK, but I can still show my poster around home today." Awww... Yes, Sweetpea you can show your poster here at home... to me and Coley.

Anyway, he was well enough to go back on Thursday, so we had a do-over day! He had requested that I stay at school with him all morning during his Feature Child day; not customary, but certainly fine by me and fine by his teachers, so off to school I went. It was so much fun! He did a great job showing his poster to the class, and it was really amazing to see him in that setting. I was really proud of him!


No comments:

Post a Comment