Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Baking Buddies

I think it's so important to have something to do with each child that is special, a certain thing that just the two of us do together. For Coley I have not figured out what that is yet, she is still a little young at 15 months. But for Logan, it is baking. We have always liked to bake together, but it really got serious the winter Coley arrived. My parents were coming to stay with us and help with Logan while Coley was born. He and I made some simple sugar cookies (we always make treats when someone comes to visit) and decorated them up for Christmas. Then while I was in the hospital having Coley, Logan and my parents made and decorated some more and brought them to us in the hospital when they first came to meet Coley. After that my Mom got him some cookie cutters, and from then on it has been our "thing." He now has 2 sets of cookie cutters, 2 apron/chef hat sets, and everyone in the family knows about his love of baking. We bake for Christmas, for birthdays, for teachers, for friends, for visitors, he is even going to bake some muffins for the quilting bee I am headed to this weekend with a group of my friends. He is getting better and better, and I am able to let him take over more of the responsibility. Sometimes we bake from scratch, more often from a box. But baking is definitely "our thing." And I love it.

Our first batch from December 2008; the first major decorating experience!
Such a proud little Baker! These are from December 2009.

Here is some of the bounty from our Christmas 2009 Baking Extravaganza! We made lots of goodies to give away to friends.

And these last two are from this month, making muffins for snacks. He's so serious about it, can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment