Tuesday, February 8, 2011

ALREADY!?!

OK. Can you believe it!?!? Not ONLY does Logan have his 5th birthday this week (the GALL of him to keep growing older and bigger!), but I just found out two scary things:
  • He is eligible for LITTLE LEAGUE this summer!! T-Ball division, but LITTLE LEAGUE! That stuff is not for babies!
  • Brace yourself... Kindergarten Registration begins in 15 days. 15 DAYS! Until my Baby Boy can be registered for Kindergarten!!!
I KNOW these are positive milestones, and I am VERY happy and proud that he is growing and thriving and really becoming quite a sweet, GOOD person. It is good that he is gaining more independence. I'm just not sure I am ready for all this. I LOVE that he and I have such a close bond, and I want to make sure we keep it that way. I know that it will just get harder and harder to stay SO close as he gets older. And YES, I am a Protective Mama, and it really does frighten me to send such a sensitive boy out there to be more and more independent. I need to do all I can to prepare him so that he can protect himself, while not losing his sweet and generous disposition. I've got to teach him well, and then pray like hell that the world is kind to him. Hopefully I have done a good job so far, and I am going to keep on doing it as long as I have breath in my body!

OK, there is my "Emotional Download." Now that I have unloaded that little bit of angst maybe I can get to sleep a little quicker and wake up refreshed another day to teach my babies and hold'em tight while they still let me!

My Sweetpea at 1 day old

No comments:

Post a Comment